Acknowledging the criticism -- that Zimmerman was profiting off of his infamy gained from a racially-charged murder trial -- Feldman told Rolling Stone that "Zimmerman was the wrong person to have in this."
"I looked into the eyes of my son and daughter today and couldn't imagine someone killing them and getting off scot-free," he continued. "It just really hurt. It was a tough decision because I could have made two million dollars here, but at least I have my dignity. I'm happy. Thank you."
Though it was scheduled for March 15, the match had not yet been confirmed by DMX. According to Feldman, DMX had asked to fight Zimmerman, but DMX's publicist told Rolling Stone, "As previously stated, DMX never agreed to the fight and we thank you for all of the support from DMX's fans. This situation will not affect any of DMX's upcoming concerts in America or around the world."