OJ files new appeal in Vegas robbery conviction


Ken Ritter
June 5, 2014 2:30AM (UTC)

LAS VEGAS (AP) — O.J. Simpson's lawyers have resubmitted their appeal to the Nevada Supreme Court seeking a new trial in the former football star's Las Vegas kidnapping and armed robbery case.

Simpson's lawyers turned in their 20,000-word appeal last month but were told by the court to reformat it.

Advertisement:

The new 102-page document filed Wednesday asks the high court to reconsider whether Simpson's trial attorney in 2008 had conflicts of interest and botched his defense.

Simpson's former attorney, Yale Galanter, notes that a Nevada judge ruled last year that Simpson failed to demonstrate how Galanter's actions changed the outcome of the case.

That judge said evidence was overwhelming that Simpson orchestrated the September 2007 kidnapping and robbery of two sports memorabilia dealers.

Next week is the 20th anniversary of the slaying of Simpson's ex-wife and another man in Los Angeles.


Ken Ritter

MORE FROM Ken Ritter

Related Topics ------------------------------------------

From The Wires

BROWSE SALON.COM
COMPLETELY AD FREE,
FOR THE NEXT HOUR

Read Now, Pay Later - no upfront
registration for 1-Hour Access

Click Here
7-Day Access and Monthly
Subscriptions also available
No tracking or personal data collection
beyond name and email address

•••





Fearless journalism
in your inbox every day

Sign up for our free newsletter

• • •