Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. WHERE TO FIND GROUND ZERO FOR SURGE IN ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION
A deputy working the border in South Texas describes being approached by 50 people at a time, immigrants looking to turn themselves in and stay in the states while they await processing. He says the last two months have been "chaos."
2. JEWISH SUSPECTS ARRESTED IN SLAYING OF PALESTINIAN TEEN
Israel's leader calls for calm after authorities mark a breakthrough in a case that touched off violent protests in Arab sections of Jerusalem and northern Israel.
3. FORMER SOVIET FOREIGN MINISTER SHEVARDNADZE DIES
The groundbreaking Georgian politician helped negotiate Germany's reunification and bring an end to the Cold War.
4. WHY AIRPORTS ARE ASKING PEOPLE TO TURN THEIR PHONES ON--NOT OFF
With concern about al-Qaida's efforts to produce a bomb that would go undetected through security, some U.S.-bound passengers will be asked to power on their electronic devices before boarding.
5. THE SPY WHO CAME IN FROM THE COLD
With a who's who of the liquored, loyal and loose-lipped, a KGB defector stole away from the Soviet Union, bringing to the West a dossier of secrets amounting to one of the biggest intelligence leaks in history.
6. LAWYER RETURNS FROM PRIVATE PRACTICE TO HELP WHITE HOUSE
Neil Eggleston has the challenge of preparing for a lawsuit by House Speaker John Boehner against President Barack Obama without yet knowing exactly what the legal arguments will be.
7. POLL FINDS DISTASTE, DISTRUST FOR PARTIES AMONG AMERICANS
An Associated Press-GfK survey finds that while many in the U.S. don't really like the Democrats or the Republicans, most continue to align with one or the other.
8. REHAB PROGRAMS IN EUROPE SEEK TO REVERSE RADICALIZATION
Public initiatives in Germany, among other countries, help youths drop extremist neo-Nazi and jihadist ideologies.
9. INTERNS GET VALUABLE TRAINING IN MEDICAL BOOT CAMP
New doctors receive refreshers on surgical instruments and how to break bad news to patients before they begin their residencies.
10. HOW DJOKOVIC STOPPED FEDERER FROM MAKING HISTORY
The Serbian tennis star captured his second title at Wimbledon, preventing the Swiss legend from winning a record eighth.