Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Tuesday:
1. OBAMA LOOKS TO BROADEN OFFENSIVE VS. ISLAMIC MILITANTS
The plans to expand airstrikes and form an international coalition to take on the extremists reflect a new direction for a president who has generally been deeply reluctant to use U.S. military might.
2. FOURTH AMERICAN WITH EBOLA RETURNS TO US
The patient, whose name has not been released, had been working in an Ebola treatment center in Sierra Leone.
3. 'THIS CITY WAS, IS, AND WILL BE UKRAINIAN!'
That's what Ukraine President Petro Poroshenko proclaimed upon visiting the port of Mariupol after it came under sustained shelling from pro-Russia rebels amid a shaky truce.
4. 7 MONTHS AFTER ASSAULT ARREST, RAVENS CUT RAY RICE
The NFL has also suspended the star running back after a video surfaced showing him striking his then-fiancee last February.
5. WHY DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATES EMBRACE HILLARY, SHUN OBAMA
Clinton's time and political currency remains highly coveted, while the president's approval ratings have tumbled.
6. HOME DEPOT SAYS PAYMENT SYSTEMS HACKED
The breach could turn out to be one of the biggest in history: the largest U.S. home improvement chain says its investigation into the hack goes as far back as April.
7. WHERE GAY MARRIAGE OPPONENTS, ADVOCATES CLASH IN LATEST HEARING
During a federal appeals court hearing in San Francisco, attorneys for both sides argue over whether legalizing gay marriage would harm children.
8. IRAQ'S PARLIAMENT NAMES NEW PRIME MINISTER
Lawmakers approved most of the candidates proposed for Iraq's new government amid calls by the Arab League for members to combat the Sunni militant group violently advancing across Iraq and Syria.
9. WHO IGNITED KEITH RICHARDS' LOVE OF MUSIC
In a new children's book entitled "Gus & Me," the Rolling Stone icon describes how his grandfather, Augustus Theodore Dupree, introduced him to the guitar as a child growing up in England.
10. CILIC CAPTURES US OPEN TITLE
Croatia's Marin Cilic now reigns as the tournament's champion, a year after he missed the Open due to a doping suspension.