Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. PISTORIUS SENTENCED TO FIVE YEARS IN PRISON
The double-amputee Olympian is handed down the sentence for killing his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp.
2. FEDS REVISE EBOLA PROTECTIVE GEAR GUIDELINES
Officials are advising full head-to-toe protection for health workers treating patients after two nurses contracted the deadly virus in Texas.
3. HOW THE MINIMUM WAGE COULD HELP DEMOCRATS IN NOVEMBER
Ballot questions on raising the lowest legal wage in many states could bring more of the Democratic base to polling stations on Nov. 4.
4. OSCAR DE LA RENTA DIES AT 82
The iconic American designer was part of a defining generation that challenged European fashion houses.
5. WHOSE ECONOMY IS SLOWING DOWN TO FIVE-YEAR LOWS
China's economic output wanes to 7.3% in the last quarter raising fears of a spillover effect on global growth.
6. OIL GIANT'S CEO DIES IN RUSSIA PLANE CRASH
The top executive of France's Total was killed in a Moscow airport when his corporate jet collided with a snowplow whose driver was drunk.
7. WHO HOLDS THE KEY TO APPLE PAY'S SUCCESS
Retailers could bring the wallet-free day closer by widespread adoption of contactless payment.
8. SUSPECT IN INDIANA KILLING HINTS AT MORE VICTIMS
Darren Vann, 43, is suspected in the strangulation of 19-year-old Afrikka Hardy, and could face charges in the deaths of six more women in northwest Indiana.
9. COLORADO RETREATS FROM EDIBLE POT BAN
Colorado health authorities first suggested banning many forms of edible marijuana, then backed down, since the state's 2012 marijuana-legalization measure says retail pot is legal in all forms.
10. ROYALS, GIANTS WELL RESTED FOR SERIES START
Going into Game 1 on Tuesday night, both teams will deal with a familiar issue this deep in the postseason: Does an extended layoff translate into rest or rust?