Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. NORTHEAST HUNKERS DOWN AS STORM TOTALS ARE DOWNGRADED
For most, predictions of massive snow accumulations will not materialize. But Boston could still see about 2 feet and New York 10 to 20 inches.
2. JAPAN OPTIMISTIC ABOUT HOSTAGE RELEASE
Tokyo's envoy to Jordan says he is hopeful the Japanese journalist who is held by the Islamic State, along with a Jordanian pilot, will return home "with a smile on their faces."
3. OBAMA HEADS TO SAUDI ARABIA
The president, accompanied by a host of American leaders, is paying his respects to the Saudi royal family following the death of King Abdullah.
4. POLAND MARKS 70 YEARS ON AUSCHWITZ LIBERATION
World leaders are joining in the 70th anniversary of the Soviets liberating the notorious Nazi death camp. Russia's president is notably absent after an apparent snub from Warsaw.
5. HOW LONG FACEBOOK'S OUTAGE LASTED
Users across the globe were unable to access the social media site, and its Instagram photo service, for an hour; the company says it was a self-inflicted issue.
6. US CHARGES 3 WITH SPYING FOR RUSSIA
The defendants allegedly sought to gather sensitive intelligence on potential U.S. sanctions against Russian banks.
7. WHO'S READY TO FUNNEL $1B INTO 2016 US ELECTIONS
The political machine backed by the Koch brothers has a trove that's expected to dwarf the spending even of official Republican committees.
8. ISRAELI ARAB POLITICAL PARTIES UNITE AHEAD OF VOTE
For the first time, a single ticket representing Arabs will run in the election, hoping to raise turnout and help unseat Prime Minister Netanyahu.
9. JOAN RIVERS' DAUGHTER SUES CLINIC WHERE COMIC DIED
The lawsuit paints a picture of a careless, cocky staff of doctors who ran roughshod while Rivers lay sedated - even snapping a selfie with her.
10. WHAT BELICHICK, BRADY CAN EXPECT DURING RUNUP TO SUPER BOWL
The Patriots' head coach and starting QB will be fielding lots of questions from the media this week about deflated footballs.