Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. BOSTON MARATHON BOMBING TRIAL BEGINS
Lawyers of accused suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev will seek to portray him as the impressionable younger brother of the attack's mastermind, Tamerlan, while prosecutors will say he was an active and willing participant.
2. INVESTIGATORS: FERGUSON, MISSOURI, RIFE WITH BIAS
The Justice Department finds troubling patterns of racial discrimination in the city's police force and legal system.
3. WHERE A MINING EXPLOSION MAY HAVE TRAPPED DOZENS
A miner is killed in the war-torn east of Ukraine in a blast that occurred at a depth of more than 3,000 feet.
4. NETANYAHU'S ELECTORAL FATE HINGES ON WHITE HOUSE REACTION
If the Israeli prime minister is seen as escaping the consequences of challenging President Obama on Iran, he might win re-election in two weeks.
5. ALABAMA SUPREME COURT ORDERS HALT TO GAY MARRIAGE
Resisting numerous federal rulings, the court instructs the state's probate judges to stop issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples.
6. HILLARY CLINTON USED A 'HOMEBREW' SERVER FOR OFFICIAL EMAILS
Records reviewed by the AP show that the presumptive presidential candidate used a private email address that traced back to an internet provider in her New York state home.
7. WHO WILL FACE MORE FRATRICIDAL FIGHTS
After securing funding for homeland security, House Speaker John Boehner and his leadership team will face more confrontations with rebellious conservatives within the GOP.
8. WHICH CEO GOT THE TOUGHEST JOB IN AVIATION
Christoph Mueller, credited with reviving Ireland's Aer Lingus, has taken on the challenging task of turning around Malaysia Airlines, still reeling from the twin disasters that beset it last year.
9. PETRAEUS AGREES TO PLEAD GUILTY
The ex-CIA chief is accused of giving his biographer — with whom he had an affair — classified material while she was working on a book.
10. PLAY BALL! QUICKLY!
Major League Baseball introduces its new pace-of-play initiatives during spring training games in Arizona and Florida.