(AP/John Minchillo)

"There's a lot of brain damage that comes with this job": Megyn Kelly again hints that she's sick of Fox News, opening door for exit

According to NY Mag's Gabriel Sherman, Kelly could be asking Roger Ailes for $20M to stay with Fox News


Scott Eric Kaufman
April 18, 2016 8:10PM (UTC)

A New York magazine article about her recent meeting with Donald Trump may have revealed the depth of Megyn Kelly's dissatisfaction with her position at Fox News—  or the kind of raise she's requesting to remain this dissatisfied.

According to Gabriel Sherman, Kelly could be asking Roger Ailes for $20 million to stay with the network — $5 million more than perpetual ratings winner Bill O'Reilly. As she told Variety earlier this month, "I’ve had a great 12 years here, and I really like working for Roger Ailes. I really like my show … But you know, there’s a lot of brain damage that comes from the job. There was probably less brain damage when I worked in the afternoon. I was less well known. I had far less conflict in my life."

Advertisement:

Kelly could bolt for ABC, and shore up flagging ratings for "Good Morning America " — or she could remain at Fox through the presidential election and continue to be a thorn in the GOP's side. That, however, is not likely. As she told the Reverend Al Sharpton on the same day she met with Donald Trump, she's not about to "calm down."

"Watch it with that 'calm down,'" she said. "Ask Bill O'Reilly about that that -- I had to lecture him on that one."


Scott Eric Kaufman

Scott Eric Kaufman is an assistant editor at Salon. He taught at a university, but then thought better of it. Follow him at @scottekaufman or email him at skaufman@salon.com.

MORE FROM Scott Eric KaufmanFOLLOW scottekaufmanLIKE Scott Eric Kaufman

Related Topics ------------------------------------------

2016 Presidential Elections Donald Trump Fox News Good Morning America Megyn Kelly




Fearless journalism
in your inbox every day

Sign up for our free newsletter

• • •