Meal planning can be tough when you or someone in your family has diabetes. Fix-It and Forget-it Instant Pot Diabetes Cookbook has 127 easy-to-prepare recipes that you can mix and match to make your breakfasts, lunches, dinners, snacks, and desserts a snap! Hope Comerford is the blogger behind A Busy Mom’s Slow Cooker Adventures and is the author and editor or author of several Fix-It and Forget-It books. She lives in Clinton Township, Michigan.
Recipe: White Chicken Chili
Judy Gascho, Woodburn, OR
Makes 6 servings
Prep. Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Release: Natural then Manual
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½–2 pounds boneless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 15-ounce cans low-sodium great northern beans, undrained
- 15-ounce can low-sodium white corn, drained
- 4½-ounce can chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1½ cups reduced-fat grated cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
Can serve with chopped cilantro and additional reduced-fat cheese.
1. Set Instant Pot to Sauté and allow the inner pot to get hot.
2. Add oil and chicken. Brown chicken on both sides.
3. Add onion, garlic, chicken broth, undrained beans, drained corn, undrained green chilies, cumin, and oregano.
4. Place lid on and close valve to sealing.
5. Set to Bean/Chili for 30 minutes.
6. Let pressure release naturally for 15 minutes before carefully releasing any remaining steam.
7. Remove chicken and shred.
8. Put chicken, sour cream, and cheese in the inner pot. Stir until cheese is melted.
Exchange List Values
Basic Nutritional Values
Calories 686 (Calories from Fat 63)
Total Fat 17 gm (Saturated Fat 4.8 gm, Polyunsat Fat 2.8 gm, Monounsat Fat 5.9 gm)
Cholesterol 131 mg
Sodium 768 mg
Total Carb 76 gm
Dietary Fiber 4 gm
Sugars 4 gm
Protein 57 gm
Like this recipe as much as we do? Click here to purchase Fix-It and Forget-It Instant Pot Diabetes Cookbook: 127 Super Easy Healthy Recipes.