We're all so busy, eating healthy can be quite a challenge. The Keto Sheet Pan Cookbook by Sarah Anne Jones offers quick, easy, and delicious meals for your whole family. Author Sarah Jones is a single working mother of three young children who keep her incredibly busy. She hates doing dishes more than any other chore, so one sheet meals are her favorite. She has never particularly liked vegetables and loves sweets, but becoming a mom forced her to evaluate the way she was eating and make some changes—which is when she discovered keto. In this book she offers something for everyone, with nutrition info included with every recipe to make sure what you’re cooking fits your family’s needs.
The thing about Brussels sprouts is, we were all raised to believe they were a disgusting food. But if you cook them correctly, they are delicious.
Recipe: Parmesan Garlic Chicken with Brussels Sprouts
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour
COOK TIME: 25–30 minutes
YIELD: 4 servings
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1-inch thickness
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 slices uncooked bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a 13x18-inch sheet pan with parchment paper or coat with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Heat ¼ cup olive oil and garlic in a small saucepan on medium-low, until garlic starts to brown. Transfer to a small bowl.
3. Using tongs, dip chicken breasts into the garlic-olive oil infusion, then dip into Parmesan until evenly coated. Transfer to sheet pan.
4. In a medium bowl, toss Brussels sprouts with remaining olive oil, salt, and pepper.
5. Lay the Brussels sprouts on the sheet pan in a single layer. Top with bacon pieces.
6. Bake for 25–30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and Brussels sprouts are tender.
>>> Nutrition per serving: Calories: 467; Total Fat: 30g; Net Carbs: 3g; Protein: 4g