Hope Comerford is the blogger behind A Busy Mom’s Slow Cooker Adventures and is the author of The Gluten-Free Slow Cooker and editor or author of several Fix-It and Forget-It books including Fix-It and Forget-It Lazy and Slow Cookbook, Fix-It and Forget-It Cooking for Two, and Welcome Home Cookbook. She is passionate about slow-cooking and writing easy, delicious recipes.
Recipe: Minestrone Soup
Dorothy Shank, Sterling, IL
Makes 8 servings
Prep. Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 4–12 hours
Ideal slow-cooker size: 4- to 5-qt.
- 3 cups beef stock
- 1 1/2 lbs. stewing meat, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 carrots, diced
- 1 (14 1/2-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 (10-oz.) pkg. frozen mixed vegetables, or your choice of frozen vegetables
- 1 Tbsp. dried basil
- 1/2 cup dry elbow noodles, vermicelli, or other pasta
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
1. Combine all ingredients in slow cooker. Stir well.
2. Cover. Cook on Low for 10 to 12 hours, or on High for 4 to 5 hours.
Serving suggestion: Top individual servings with grated Parmesan cheese.
Like this recipe as much as we do? Click here to purchase a copy of "Fix-It and Forget-It Healthy One-Pot Meals: 75 Super Easy Slow Cooker Favorites."