Hope Comerford is the blogger behind A Busy Mom’s Slow Cooker Adventures and is the author of The Gluten-Free Slow Cooker and editor or author of several Fix-It and Forget-It books including Fix-It and Forget-It Lazy and Slow Cookbook, Fix-It and Forget-It Cooking for Two, and Welcome Home Cookbook. She is passionate about slow-cooking and writing easy, delicious recipes.
Recipe: Slow-Cooker Chicken and Salsa
Marcia S. Myer Manheim, PA
Makes 6 servings
Prep. Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 4–10 hours
Ideal slow-cooker size: 5-qt.
- 2 (15-oz.) cans black beans
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts, cut into serving-size pieces
- 1 (16-oz.) jar black bean salsa
- 1 (16-oz.) jar corn salsa
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican blend cheese
- 1 avocado, sliced, for garnish
- Corn chips, for garnish
1. Combine the beans, chicken, black bean salsa, corn salsa, brown rice, and 2 cups water in slow cooker.
2. Cook on High for 4 hours or on Low for 8 to 10 hours, adding water if needed near the end of the cooking time.
3. To serve, place 1 1/2 cups of the chicken mixture on individual serving plates. Top with the sour cream and cheese. Garnish with the avocado and corn chips.
Like this recipe as much as we do? Click here to purchase a copy of "Fix-It and Forget-It Healthy One-Pot Meals: 75 Super Easy Slow Cooker Favorites."