Ulrika Davidsson is one of Sweden's most knowledgeable and popular nutrition and health coaches. Her 29 cookbooks have sold more than 1 million copies and have been translated into 12 languages. This book is unique because it offers four different types of detoxes so readers can see what works best for their bodies, helping you kickstart your way to a happier, healthier life however you choose. Those four plans are either 1 or 2 weeks long: Detox, Vegetarian, Raw Vegan and Juicing.
These four detailed detox plans emphasize a nourishing, low-carb, plant-based diet paired with intermittent fasting to seriously kickstart your metabolism and cleanse your entire system — allowing your body a complete reset and boosting your weight loss and long-term health changes. You'll learn to make delicious recipes that keep you full for longer, utilizing tons of fresh ingredients.
The very best beet burgers! The feta cheese makes them especially tasty, so my tip to you is to make many of them and freeze them for later.
Recipe: Beet Burgers with Feta Cheese
475 Calories/Serves 4
- 1 pound (450 g) peeled and coarsely grated beets
- 1 3/4 ounces (1/2dl) finely chopped leek — approximately 1 3/4 inch (5 cm)
- 5 1/4 ounces (150 g) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (2 1/2 dl) oat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon persillade [chopped garlic and parsley]
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, for frying
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- 1 apple
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 zucchini
- 1 3/4 ounces (1/2dl) chopped fresh parsley
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 3/4 ounces (1/2dl) chopped, roasted walnuts1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the burgers, except for the olive oil.
2. Heat some olive oil in a skillet. Form the mixture into burgers, and add to the skillet. Brown the burgers until they are nicely browned, about 2 minutes on each side.
3. Place the burgers in an ovenproof dish and leave the burgers in the oven for about 10 minutes.
4. Spiralize or julienne apple, carrot, and zucchini for the apple salad, and place them in a bowl. Mix in parsley, lemon juice, and walnuts.
5. Place the burgers and salad on plates, garnish with lemon wedges, and serve.
Like this recipe as much as we do? Click here to purchase a copy of Green Kickstarts!: Metabolism Boosters for Detox and Weight Loss.
[caption id="attachment_15019982" align="alignnone" width="800"] Green Kickstarts!: Metabolism Boosters for Detox and Weight Loss[/caption]