Bone broth is a nutrient-dense superfood made from meat bones. It's soothing and easy on the digestion, with a ton of health benefits to drink in. An Instant Pot is a brand-name pressure cooker that gives new meaning to the term "set it and forget it." Forget needing to constantly monitor a simmering pot of bone broth for up to 24 hours! Press a few buttons and let the Instant Pot take over from there. And with that broth you made so easily, you can then make hundreds of classic and new soups, chilis, stews, drinks, and main dishes using the Instant Pot. Ready to put the power of the Pot and ingenious bone broth recipes to work for you? The Bone Broth Miracle Diet Instant Pot Cookbook has just what you need.
Store-bought salsa not only makes this a super-easy soup to put together, but you can also instantly adjust the heat by purchasing mild, medium, or hot salsa. This recipe doesn't include beans, but you can add a 15-ounce can of drained and rinsed black beans before you lock the lid, if you like. Top each bowl with a dollop of sour cream and a slice of lime.
Recipe: Chicken Tortilla Soup
Makes 4 servings
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups Basic Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup mild, medium, or hot salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 corn tortillas, sliced into strips
1. Add the chicken, broth, onion, salsa, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper to the Instant Pot. Stir to combine.
2. Lock the lid and make sure the valve is sealed. Select Manual/High Pressure and adjust the time to 5 minutes.
3. When the cook time is complete, turn off the Instant Pot and let the pressure release naturally for 5 to 10 minutes before turning the valve to venting. Then, remove the lid.
4. Stir in the corn and cilantro. Serve topped with the tortillas.
Like this recipe as much as we do? Click here to purchase a copy of Bone Broth Miracle Diet Instant Pot Cookbook: An Ancient Health & Beauty Remedy Made Easy & Delicious.