Bone broth is a nutrient-dense superfood made from meat bones. It's soothing and easy on the digestion, with a ton of health benefits to drink in. An Instant Pot is a brand-name pressure cooker that gives new meaning to the term "set it and forget it." Forget needing to constantly monitor a simmering pot of bone broth for up to 24 hours! Press a few buttons and let the Instant Pot take over from there. And with that broth you made so easily, you can then make hundreds of classic and new soups, chilis, stews, drinks, and main dishes using the Instant Pot. Ready to put the power of the Pot and ingenious bone broth recipes to work for you? The Bone Broth Miracle Diet Instant Pot Cookbook has just what you need.
The secret to this traditional Vietnamese stew is what's in the bag: the ginger, cloves, star anise, and peppercorns. Infusing the broth adds an incredibly rich and delicious flavor, and having bone broth on hand makes this dish quick and easy to make.
Recipe: Beef Pho
Makes 4 servings
- 2-inch piece ginger
- 2 cloves
- 1 star anise
- 6 peppercorns
- 6 cups Basic Beef Bone Broth
- 1 pound sirloin, very thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 12 ounces rice noodles
1. In a bouquet garni bag, add the ginger, cloves, star anise, and peppercorns. Secure closed.
2. In the Instant Pot, add the broth and bouquet garni bag. Press Sauté and bring the broth to a boil. Press the – (or Less) button to lower the heat, and simmer to infuse the broth for 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Remove the bag and add the sirloin, fish sauce, and coconut sugar. Turn off the pot and stir briefly to cook the steak.
4. Prepare the noodles according to the package instructions. Add 1 cup noodles to each serving bowl and top with the soup. Garnish as desired.
Garnishes: 1 cup each of bean sprouts, cilantro leaves, mint leaves, sliced green onion, hoisin sauce, lime wedges and/or thinly sliced Thai chile peppers
Like this recipe as much as we do? Click here to purchase a copy of Bone Broth Miracle Diet Instant Pot Cookbook: An Ancient Health & Beauty Remedy Made Easy & Delicious.