Did you guys play that game this week where you take a shot every time someone said “debt ceiling”? It was a really fun way to kill some time … although I actually don’t remember much past Monday night. Did we win?
If you’re anything like me, you’ll now want to catch up on the important cultural news of the week. But before you do, here are those weirder stories we dredged up from around the Internet.
1. Man builds real life Batmobile: I like how the most important part of this headline is that it’s “street-legal.” Because that’s the most important part of the Batmobile … making sure you don’t get tickets.
2. Morrissey’s take on the Norway massacre: “We all live in a murderous world, as the events in Norway have shown, with 97 dead [sic]. Though that is nothing compared to what happens in McDonald’s and Kentucky Fried s— every day.” Move over, Glenn Beck, we have a new winner for “Most inappropriate response to terrorism.”
3. Chuck Palahniuk adaptation directed by “Degrassi” and “Skins” vet: “Invisible Monsters” is not my favorite of Palahniuk’s books, so I’m not sure how I would feel if Samir Rehem turned all the characters into hot 16-year-olds. Might actually be an improvement?
4. Michael Lohan admits he wasn’t on “Celebrity Rehab” for substance issues: Nope, he was being treated for “codependency.” So, at the very least, that show needs a new title.
5. Hustler releases stills from “This Ain’t Lady GaGa XXX “: Who needs a Lady Gaga porn parody? If you can’t imagine what she looks like in bondage gear, you haven’t seen any of her videos.