Silk road lamb burger recipe
June 2, 2010 4:20AM (UTC)
- 2 pounds ground lamb
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds, freshly dry toasted in a skillet over low heat
- ½ tablespoon red pepper flakes
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon finely minced cilantro
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ½ medium white onion, julienned
- 1 cup scallions, julienned
- 2-3 green chili peppers, such as jalapeños, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- a generous amount of coarsely ground black pepper, to taste
- salt to taste
- sesame seed hamburger buns (keeping the Chinese Muslim theme, these are a nod to nang, a thick sesame crusted flatbread eaten in this region)
- Season ground lamb with salt, freshly ground black pepper, red pepper flakes and toasted cumin seeds. Combine thoroughly.
- Shape into patties.
- Heat oil in pan, then sauté onion, scallions and peppers and add salt and pepper to taste. Cook until onions are translucent and wilted. Set aside.
- Cook lamb patties to desired doneness on an outdoor grill, preferably charcoal.
- Serve burgers on grilled sesame seed buns, and top with the onion and pepper mixture.
Related Topics ------------------------------------------
COMPLETELY AD FREE,
FOR THE NEXT HOUR
Read Now, Pay Later - no upfront
registration for 1-Hour Access
7-Day Access and Monthly
Subscriptions also available
No tracking or personal data collection
beyond name and email address
Notes on cocktail camp
Billy Crudup on not playing "shattered"
"Stranger Things" is not an '80s parable
Quentin Tarantino's artful pulp
Why corporations can legally poison us
Why the data says Joe Biden would lose
Mitch takes big money from Wall Street
Trump's mental state is an "emergency"