Serves 10 - 12
- 3 pounds red potatoes, scrubbed, cut in half
- 6-8 hard boiled eggs, diced
- 6 stalks of celery, sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup diced fresh, flat parsley
- 3 teaspoons dried dill weed
- Equal amounts of mayonnaise and sour cream, to taste
- Horseradish to taste
- Dijon Mustard to taste
- Yellow mustard to taste
- Salt, freshly ground pepper.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling, salted water until tender. Drain, and cool.
- Cut the potatoes into bite sized pieces. Not too small or you’ll end up with potato salad puree. (I leave the peel on ... no need to remove the red.)
- Place potatoes in a large mixing bowl with celery, diced eggs, diced red onion, parsley, cucumber, and dill. Toss.
- Mix equal parts of mayo and sour cream (can substitute lite sour cream). Add horseradish, Dijon mustard, and yellow mustard.
- Toss dressing with potatoes until you have reached the correct unctuousness. Until it’s juicy but not dripping or soggy.
- Best if it chills for at least an hour before serving.