- 1/2 pint heavy cream
- 3 egg yolks (To diminish any risks involved in using raw eggs, "coddle" your eggs just before using by submerging the whole egg in boiling water for exactly 40 seconds. Then crack the shell and seperate the yolk from the whites as usual. This kills the bacteria without cooking the yolks).
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 ounces milk chocolate
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- Use a hand mixer or standing mixer to whip cream to firm peaks. Do not over whip. Reserve.
- Use a hand mixer or standing mixer to whip egg yolks and sugar until light in color and triple in volume. Reserve.
- Melt chocolate in a metal mixing bowl over simmering (not boiling) water. Melt slowly, stirring several times.
- Add melted chocolate to whipped yolks. Blend immediately with a whisk. Fold in whipped cream. Refrigerate for several hours.