- 1 pound fresh scallops
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted and sliced lengthwise into 1/4 inch strips
- 2/3 cup coconut milk (not to be confused with coconut cream)
- 1/3 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 4 scallions, sliced finely
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Remove the tough muscle on the side of the scallops. (Most stores will have already done this for you.)
- Marinate scallops in 4 tablespoons of lime juice for 15 minutes.
- In a sauté pan over high heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter and sauté scallops for approximately 1 minute per side, or until you see a hint of brown on the outside.
- Remove and reserve in a warmed bowl.
- Reduce heat to medium and add remaining tablespoon of butter. Sauté banana, mango, scallions and 2 tablespoons of shredded coconut for 3 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, the remaining lime juice and cayenne pepper. Reduce heat and let sauce thicken slightly for 3 minutes.
- Return scallops to sauce, add two tablespoons cilantro, and simmer for 2 more minutes. Serve immediately on warmed plates.
Related Topics ------------------------------------------
Trending Articles from Salon