July 7, 2010 6:07AM (UTC)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups (16 ounces) canned black beans (save the juices)
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon balsamic, or red wine vinegar
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil and add onion and garlic. Cook for approximately 10 minutes, or until golden.
- Add salt, pepper and spices, and stir for one minute.
- Add beans (and juices) and vinegar. Stir mixture and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- With a masher or a fork, mash beans.
- Serve warm.
Bob Blumer (aka the Surreal Gourmet) hosts his own program on the Food Channel.
Gourmet's Web Site is located at http://surrealgourmet.com.
Related Topics ------------------------------------------
COMPLETELY AD FREE,
FOR THE NEXT HOUR
Read Now, Pay Later - no upfront
registration for 1-Hour Access
7-Day Access and Monthly
Subscriptions also available
No tracking or personal data collection
beyond name and email address
Reparations economics 101
How we view the women of "The View"
The fate of food is not entirely bleak
"Toy Story" stares into the darkness
Banker who loaned Trump money does well
America was never a Christian nation
Trump, Barr won't ban torture of girls
Trump and Mitch thwart election security