July 7, 2010 6:07AM (UTC)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups (16 ounces) canned black beans (save the juices)
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon balsamic, or red wine vinegar
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil and add onion and garlic. Cook for approximately 10 minutes, or until golden.
- Add salt, pepper and spices, and stir for one minute.
- Add beans (and juices) and vinegar. Stir mixture and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- With a masher or a fork, mash beans.
- Serve warm.
Bob Blumer (aka the Surreal Gourmet) hosts his own program on the Food Channel.
Gourmet's Web Site is located at http://surrealgourmet.com.
Related Topics ------------------------------------------
COMPLETELY AD FREE,
FOR THE NEXT HOUR
Read Now, Pay Later - no upfront
registration for 1-Hour Access
7-Day Access and Monthly
Subscriptions also available
No tracking or personal data collection
beyond name and email address