July 7, 2010 6:07AM (UTC)
- 4 eggs
- salt and lots of fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 ounce freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 splash of milk or water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 scallions, diced
- 1 jalapeno chili, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 ripe avocado, skin and pit removed, then diced into 1/4" cubes (optional)
- 1/4 pound pancetta, cooked, drained, and diced into small pieces
- In a bowl, beat eggs, salt, pepper, cheese and milk or water. Reserve.
- In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add scallions, serano chili and garlic. Stir for two minutes.
- Add cilantro, avocado and cooked pancetta. Stir for two more minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium, pour egg mixture into pan and stir until eggs are cooked to your liking. Serve immediately on warmed plates.
Bob Blumer (aka the Surreal Gourmet) hosts his own program on the Food Channel.
Gourmet's Web Site is located at http://surrealgourmet.com.
Related Topics ------------------------------------------
COMPLETELY AD FREE,
FOR THE NEXT HOUR
Read Now, Pay Later - no upfront
registration for 1-Hour Access
7-Day Access and Monthly
Subscriptions also available
No tracking or personal data collection
beyond name and email address