- 2 ripe avocados (ripe: indents easily with the firm press of a finger)
- 1/2 cup lightly packed cilantro leaves minced (remove stems before measuring)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 scallions (green onions), finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise, remove the pits, and scoop the flesh out of the peels.
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl.
- Blend with a fork until the mixture is just slightly lumpy.