(Serves approx. 15)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon aniseed
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds shelled walnut halves
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, heat the oil.
- Add the spices and stir for 2 minutes to toast.
- Remove from heat, add the walnuts, and toss until the nuts are thoroughly coated.
- Arrange the walnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until the nuts are a deep gold, turning once.