July 7, 2010 3:08PM (UTC)
(Serves approx. 15)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon aniseed
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds shelled walnut halves
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, heat the oil.
- Add the spices and stir for 2 minutes to toast.
- Remove from heat, add the walnuts, and toss until the nuts are thoroughly coated.
- Arrange the walnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until the nuts are a deep gold, turning once.
Bob Blumer (aka the Surreal Gourmet) hosts his own program on the Food Channel.
Gourmet's Web Site is located at http://surrealgourmet.com.
Related Topics ------------------------------------------
COMPLETELY AD FREE,
FOR THE NEXT HOUR
Read Now, Pay Later - no upfront
registration for 1-Hour Access
7-Day Access and Monthly
Subscriptions also available
No tracking or personal data collection
beyond name and email address
"Game of Thrones" end was nearly perfect
Bob Dylan in Trumpland
OK, Democrats: Enough is enough
Why Trump's "30 Hours" special matters
Metaphysics hides in quantum mechanics
Trump, Barr won't ban torture of girls
America was never a Christian nation
AOC makes Republican cry