- Jeffrey Lord is on a deeply weird personal mission to prove once and for all that it wasn't a lynching when three white people beat a black man to death. (From his diagnosis of Democratic racism: "The essence of the formula is 'scare race X to death that race Y or Z is coming after them in some fashion, and then, you know, you get all the votes and the money, etc, etc, etc." Uh, that is what the right-wing has been doing, with white people as "race x," for generations now.)
- Here is a handy infographic that explains the Glenn Beck Goldline scam.
- Democrats are adopting the old Rove canard about how voting against war funding is troop-hating.
- Usually, politicians stomp all over the disadvantaged, impoverished, and unemployed, because there is literally no electoral downside to doing so. But now, so many people are unemployed that some of them are actually organizing and pressuring lawmakers!
- Detainees imprisoned at Bagram but captured outside Afghanistan are filing a new suit asserting habeas rights.
- Do liberals hate conservatives more than conservatives hate liberals? Who can say? All I know is, they're they have all the guns.
- Important coverage of Condi Rice playing the piano for Aretha Franklin.
- Center for American Progress president John Podesta knows the government is hiding the truth about UFOs.
- Newt Gingrich is still going around making up horrible things about Muslims.
Wednesday link dump: Say a little prayer
Lies about lynching, lies about Muslims, and lies about gold
By Alex Pareene
Published July 28, 2010 10:29PM (EDT)
By Alex Pareene
Alex Pareene writes about politics for Salon and is the author of "The Rude Guide to Mitt." Email him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @pareeneMORE FROM Alex Pareene