Spicy green apple salad recipe
October 19, 2010 5:01AM (UTC)
Rejuvenating Balinese green apple salad
- 2/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (from about 6 limes)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce (if unavailable, substitute salt)
- 2 teaspoons water
- 4 Thai bird chilies, thinly sliced
- half of a small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 2-4 tablespoons shelled, roasted peanuts, crushed
- Make the dressing first so flavors have time to blend. Combine first four ingredients in a bowl and stir well. Add sliced chilies. Set aside.
- Slice onions and set aside.
- Crush peanuts. I find it easiest to use a mortar and pestle. Alternatively, place peanuts in a Ziploc bag, seal, and roll with a rolling pin until coarsely crushed.
- Core and julienne the green apples and immediately combine with the dressing to prevent apples from turning brown.
- Just before serving, sprinkle crushed peanuts on top.
Related Topics ------------------------------------------
COMPLETELY AD FREE,
FOR THE NEXT HOUR
Read Now, Pay Later - no upfront
registration for 1-Hour Access
7-Day Access and Monthly
Subscriptions also available
No tracking or personal data collection
beyond name and email address
The politics of Important TV
"Pose" and the home of the brave
"Big Little Lies" has lost its spark
Notes on cocktail camp
Trump's mental state is an "emergency"
Why corporations can legally poison us
Trump reopens "longline" fishing