January 4, 2011 11:30PM (UTC)
- 1 28-ounce can of tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 fillets of anchovies (drained canned tuna can be substituted, but the sauce will take on a different character), cut in ½-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon capers, or to taste
- ½ cup sliced olives
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, as needed
- 1 pound dry spaghetti
- chopped fresh parsley, if available, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet, add garlic. When garlic is golden and aromatic, add anchovies, then olives and capers.
- Add canned tomatoes, breaking up large pieces by squeezing them through your fingers, if necessary. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Meanwhile, boil spaghetti in plenty of salted water.
- Add cooked, drained spaghetti to the skillet and toss to coat. Garnish with parsley and serve.
- Be thankful that you have food to eat and a warm place to sleep.
Related Topics ------------------------------------------
COMPLETELY AD FREE,
FOR THE NEXT HOUR
Read Now, Pay Later - no upfront
registration for 1-Hour Access
7-Day Access and Monthly
Subscriptions also available
No tracking or personal data collection
beyond name and email address
How Trump serves Putin's interests
Selfies: More than meets the eye
How this lawyer turned troll-fighter
A horror comic for the Trump era
Trump reopens "longline" fishing
Why the data says Joe Biden would lose
Why corporations can legally poison us
Trump's mental state is an "emergency"