- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- 2 cups firm strained yogurt (strain yourself as describe above or use a pre-strained product like Fage brand)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Fresh pears, sliced
- Beat eggs; add milk, yogurt, oil, flour, salt, sugar and rind in a mixing bowl until smooth. (Or use a blender.) Leave at room temperature for one hour for the air to bubble out of it.
- Meanwhile, mix strained yogurt with maple syrup and vanilla.
- Heat a 10-inch skillet over medium heat.
- Brush with oil or butter and spoon in 3 tablespoons of batter. Tilt skillet to spread the batter evenly in the pan.
- Cook over medium heat for 15 to 20 seconds, or until edges of crepe pull away from sides of pan. Lift crepe with fingers and cook other side for a few seconds, then turn immediately onto waxed paper.
- Repeat until batter is used up, oiling pan after each crepe.
- Place a few tablespoons of filling in one-half of the crepe and top with slices of pear. Fold the other half over.
- Dust with powdered sugar.