Fresh pear crepes with maple yogurt recipe
February 8, 2011 6:30AM (UTC)
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- 2 cups firm strained yogurt (strain yourself as describe above or use a pre-strained product like Fage brand)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Fresh pears, sliced
- Beat eggs; add milk, yogurt, oil, flour, salt, sugar and rind in a mixing bowl until smooth. (Or use a blender.) Leave at room temperature for one hour for the air to bubble out of it.
- Meanwhile, mix strained yogurt with maple syrup and vanilla.
- Heat a 10-inch skillet over medium heat.
- Brush with oil or butter and spoon in 3 tablespoons of batter. Tilt skillet to spread the batter evenly in the pan.
- Cook over medium heat for 15 to 20 seconds, or until edges of crepe pull away from sides of pan. Lift crepe with fingers and cook other side for a few seconds, then turn immediately onto waxed paper.
- Repeat until batter is used up, oiling pan after each crepe.
- Place a few tablespoons of filling in one-half of the crepe and top with slices of pear. Fold the other half over.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
Related Topics ------------------------------------------
COMPLETELY AD FREE,
FOR THE NEXT HOUR
Read Now, Pay Later - no upfront
registration for 1-Hour Access
7-Day Access and Monthly
Subscriptions also available
No tracking or personal data collection
beyond name and email address
Can the U.S. embrace paid leave for all?
TV's changing view of the change
Jon Stewart, defender of American values
Best Sex Ever: Queer and shy about it
Punishing pipeline protesters
Shocker: GoFundMe wall not a thing
Deutsche Bank hands over Trump records
Law demands Trump to turn over his taxes