Emma Watson, star of "Perks of Being a Wallflower."
Five pop culture items we missed
Today's catch includes: Obama and "iCarly," a site that lets you pay away your shame, and a new wallflower perk
June 10, 2011 2:01AM (UTC)
1. Oddest cameo news of the day: Michelle Obama intercepts a message between Miranda Cosgrove and her military father on a very special episode of "iCarly."
2. Local news flub of the day: " More teens are having f*ck ..."
They sure are.
3. Google of the day: In honor of Les Paul's birthday, the search engine created a playable (and recordable) guitar doodle. Listen to it play Beatles songs!
4. Reason of the day for emo high-schoolers to get out of bed: Actor Logan Lerman taking a twitpic of Emma Watson on the set of "The Perks of Being a Wallflower."
5. Guilt-ridden site of the day: Shamebegone.com, a new site that claims to "specialize in digging you out" of your shame spiral "by doing the hard writing for you -- whether it involves long-unanswered emails, missed birthdays or apologies for social messes."
For a price, of course.
Drew Grant is a staff writer for Salon. Follow her on Twitter at
@videodrew. MORE FROM
Will Trump's corruption be his downfall?
Private lessons for the famous director
Is Joe Biden the new Ed Muskie?
The case for Tim Curry's Pennywise
Coming soon: Trump's big recession
What Fox News really does
Another blue wave? It just might happen
Lou Dobbs: ICE truck man was right
Copyright © 2019 Salon.com, LLC. Reproduction of material from any Salon pages without written permission is strictly prohibited. SALON ® is registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office as a trademark of Salon.com, LLC. Associated Press articles: Copyright © 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.