- Rice (cooked)
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- ½ onion (chopped)
- 12-14 day lily buds
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 2 small heads broccoli (cut into medium florets)
- 2 tablespoons stock
- 1 handful onion chives (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons stock
- 1 tablespoon wine (sherry or rice wine is ideal)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Mix in the ingredients from group III in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat wok to medium high. Add oil and when oil is hot, add onion. Cook until translucent.
- Add day lily buds and sauté for a minute or two. Add remaining ingredients from Group II and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add Group III ingredients and cook for another minute or two, or until sauce thickens.
- Serve over rice.