Goats love apples, right?
Five pop culture items we missed
Today's catch: A Mac store's lax pet policy, "SATC" prequel rumors catch on, and Tosh's new job offer
July 27, 2011 3:11AM (UTC)
1. Record-breaking Beckham of the day: Mr. Posh Spice helped break the Guinness World Record for the most consecutive penalty kicks yesterday, working alongside other famous soccer stars you've probably never heard of.
2. Inappropriate costume of the day: "America's Next Top Model" winner Adrianne Curry was kicked out of Comic-Con for wearing too provocative an outfit this year. Wait, that doesn't make any sense ...
3. "Sex and the City" rumor of the day: The much buzzed-about prequel film to Candace Bushnell's series may be going forward with Blake Lively, Emma Roberts, Selena Gomez and Elizabeth Olsen. Or possibly not! Try to guess which actress would be taking which role (if true) ... the unconfirmed answers may surprise you!
4. Odd staffing of the day: Larry Flynt made a video asking Daniel Tosh to run a Hustler editorial meeting while he's out of town. Apparently the only qualification needed for a managerial position at a porn magazine is an arsenal of self-deprecating gay jokes.
5. Mac fact of the day: Comedian Mark Malkoff tests the limits of the Apple store's "anything goes" policy with a series of escalating pranks at one of its New York locations.
Drew Grant is a staff writer for Salon. Follow her on Twitter at @videodrew.
COMPLETELY AD FREE,
FOR THE NEXT HOUR
Read Now, Pay Later - no upfront
registration for 1-Hour Access
7-Day Access and Monthly
Subscriptions also available
No tracking or personal data collection
beyond name and email address
Why Trump thinks racism will win
Hey, NeverTrumpers: Help or STFU
"Big Little Lies" has lost its spark
The media's "Made in America" problem
Lithium mining's toxic toll
Why won't Mitch protect the election?
What happens when Trump won't leave?
Factory farming is worse than I feared