The return of Urkel (well, the actor who played him, anyway) in Cee Lo Green's "Cry Baby."
Five pop culture items we missed
Today's catch: Amy Winehouse's anti-drug poster, "Jersey Shore" cast in "Three Stooges," and the return of Urkel
August 9, 2011 3:20AM (UTC)
1. Best/worst casting of the day: The kids of "Jersey Shore" will be making a cameo in the new "Three Stooges" film, but not as Mo, Larry or Curly. What sort of devilry is this?
2. Anti-anti drug poster of the day: Whoever made this Swedish anti-drug ad featuring a haggard Amy Winehouse should go to Bad Taste Jail.
3. Bros before other bros of the day: Tim Gunn recounts how he dumped his last boyfriend because he was a flight attendant and a friend told him that would be "such a cliché."
4. Urkel of the day: Jaleel White sheds his cheese-loving nerd persona to play Cee Lo Green in the official video for "Cry Baby."
5. Back story of the day: In Christopher Nolan's "The Dark Knight Rises," Catwoman will be a stripper/pickpocket with a history of abuse. Wait ... how are there still pickpockets in Gotham?
Drew Grant is a staff writer for Salon. Follow her on Twitter at @videodrew.
COMPLETELY AD FREE,
FOR THE NEXT HOUR
Read Now, Pay Later - no upfront
registration for 1-Hour Access
7-Day Access and Monthly
Subscriptions also available
No tracking or personal data collection
beyond name and email address
"OITNB" stars on visiting an ICE jail
Steven Raichlen's barbecue brisket
"Big Little Lies" has lost its spark
The politics of Important TV
Why corporations can legally poison us
Trump's mental state is an "emergency"
Trump reopens "longline" fishing
Why the data says Joe Biden would lose