Foul play suspected in dog's death at Westminster
The dog's owner alleges that her 3-year-old Samoyed was deliberately poisoned at the competition
March 1, 2013 3:47AM (UTC)
NEW YORK (AP) — A dog owner says she thinks there's a chance her prized pet was deliberately poisoned while competing at the Westminter Kennel Club show, causing it to die several days later.
Lynette Blue tells The Associated Press that her 3-year-old Samoyed named Cruz probably swallowed poison during the recent show.
But she said Thursday she's not sure how it happened, and may never know.
The dog's death was first reported by The New York Times.
Westminster issued a statement Thursday saying it wasn't aware of any dogs ever being poisoned at its show. The 137th Westminster drew 2,721 entries earlier this month.
COMPLETELY AD FREE,
FOR THE NEXT HOUR
Read Now, Pay Later - no upfront
registration for 1-Hour Access
7-Day Access and Monthly
Subscriptions also available
No tracking or personal data collection
beyond name and email address
How Trump serves Putin's interests
Nobody needs "The McLaughlin Group" now
Quentin Tarantino's artful pulp
Selfies: More than meets the eye
Trump's mental state is an "emergency"
Why corporations can legally poison us
Why the data says Joe Biden would lose
Limbaugh: Attacks on Obama were "bogus"