Cast member Cory Monteith poses at a 2010 party to celebrate the premiere of the second season of the television series "Glee" in Los Angeles. (Reuters/Mario Anzuoni)
Coroner: Cory Monteith died of overdose
The "Glee" actor had talked bluntly about struggling with addiction since he was a teenager
July 17, 2013 1:17AM (UTC)
VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) — A coroner says 'Glee' actor Cory Monteith died of an overdose of heroin and alcohol.
The British Columbia coroner's office says in a statement Tuesday that "there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith's death was anything other than a most tragic accident."
The 31-year-old was found dead in his Vancouver, British Columbia, hotel room on Saturday. He was believed to be alone when he died.
Monteith had talked bluntly about struggling with addiction since he was a teenager, calling it a serious problem and telling Parade magazine in 2011 he was "lucky to be alive."
Dance class made me the man I am today
How Fox News sustains the Trump myth
What do we expect from a series finale?
Please don't invite me over to dinner
Democrats: Want four more years of this?
A secret history of the war in Syria
Mueller's report is not an exoneration
Things didn't go well for Betsy DeVos
COMPLETELY AD FREE,
FOR THE NEXT HOUR
Read Now, Pay Later - no upfront
registration for 1-Hour Access
7-Day Access and Monthly
Subscriptions also available
No tracking or personal data collection
beyond name and email address