Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. WAR CLINIC IN KURDISH BORDER TOWN STRUGGLES TO TREAT WOUNDED ANTI-IS FIGHTERS
With most Kobani hospitals in ruins, only one is still working thanks to only three doctors and five nurses and despite shortages of basic equipment and supplies.
2. OBAMA SAID TO HAVE SETTLED ON NOMINEE TO SUCCEED HAGEL
Ashton Carter, 60, has never served in the military or in Congress, unlike many defense secretaries.
3. WHO IS REFUSING TO COMPLY WITH DEMAND FOR AIR BAG RECALL
Japan's Takata Corp. says the decision to withdraw the faulty equipment is up to the automakers, setting the stage for a showdown when the company appears before the U.S. Congress today.
4. CALIFORNIA WOMAN SUES BILL COSBY
Judy Huth says she was molested by the comedian in a bedroom at the Playboy Mansion around 1974 when she was 15.
5. BOMB BLAST HITS YEMENI CAPITAL
At least two people are dead in a massive explosion that took place near the home of the Iranian ambassador.
6. WHY POLICE ARE INVESTIGATING MICHAEL BROWN'S STEPFATHER
Louis Head made angry comments on the streets of Ferguson ahead of the arson, vandalism and looting that followed the grand jury's announcement.
7. INDIA MARKS 30TH ANNIVERSARY OF BHOPAL TRAGEDY
Protesters want harsher punishments for those responsible for the world's worst industrial disaster that killed 15,000 people.
8. HOW COYOTES ARE CAUSING A CALIFORNIA CONTROVERSY
Hunts for the varmints are facing a possible ban as wildlife advocates and hunters clash.
9. WHO WAS STREAMED THE MOST ON SPOTIFY IN 2014
Singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran tops the list globally while Eminem is number one in the U.S. Pharrell's "Happy" was the global favorite on the service.
10. AUSTRALIA BIDS FAREWELL TO CRICKETER PHILLIP HUGHES
Fans and players from around the world attend the funeral of the star who died two days after being hit near the ear by