Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. GREECE LURCHES INTO UNCHARTERED TERRITORY AND AN UNCERTAIN FUTURE
The country's voters in a referendum overwhelmingly rejected European demands for more austerity measures in exchange for a bailout.
2. WHO IS BACK ON HIS HOME TURF?
Pope Francis returns to Spanish-speaking Latin America on an eight-day tour that takes him to Ecuador, Bolivia and Paraguay.
3. KERRY SAYS IRAN NUCLEAR TALKS 'COULD GO EITHER WAY'
Negotiators are nine days into the talks and hope to clinch a deal by Tuesday, but America's top diplomat said they are not close to an agreement with Iran.
4. US DEFEATS JAPAN 5-2 AT THE WOMEN'S WORLD CUP
The Americans became the first country with three women's titles and got a measure of revenge for their loss in the 2011 final against Japan.
5. TO RENAME OR NOT TO RENAME?
The massacre at a predominantly black South Carolina church has institutions in the U.S. evaluating whether they should continue enshrining the names of historical figures linked to slavery and the Confederacy.
6. US-LED COALITION UNLEASHES A WAVE OF AIRSTRIKES IN EASTERN SYRIA
The Islamic State group said at least 10 people were killed and many wounded in the attacks in its stronghold of Raqqa.
7. CLINTON SEEKS TO REASSURE GAY YOUTHS
On the Facebook page for Humans of New York, the leading Democratic presidential candidate predicts that the future for gay youth "is going to be amazing."
8. TWO DOZEN PEOPLE ARE HURT WHEN A DECK COLLAPSES UNDER THEM AT A NORTH CAROLINA BEACH HOUSE
Authorities in Emerald Isle are blaming deteriorating nails after years of exposure to sand, salt and moisture.
9. WHO WAS CHRISTENED AT A ROYAL ESTATE ON ENGLAND'S EASTERN COAST
Princess Charlotte, daughter of Prince Williams and his wife Kate, was dressed for the occasion in a replica of the intricate lace-and-satin christening gown made for Queen Victoria's eldest daughter, also named Victoria, in 1841.
10. WHAT FIZZLED AT THE BOX OFFICE
Anticipated new releases "Magic Mike XXL" and "Terminator Genisys" did not have a strong start, leaving the popular holdovers "Jurassic World" and "Inside Out" to top the holiday weekend.