Fox News' Megyn Kelly criticized Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump on Wednesday for refusing to "venture out to the unsafe spaces" and give interviews to anyone other than her colleague Sean Hannity, as her Fox News colleague threw her under the Twitter bus for criticizing him.
"Donald Trump, with all due respect to my friend at 10, will go on 'Hannity' and pretty much only 'Hannity,' and will not venture out to the unsafe spaces these days," Kelly said at the tail end of her interview with GOP strategist Stuart Stevens, "which doesn't exactly expand the tent."
Kelly's and Hannity's respective shows run back-to-back at 9 p.m. and 10 p.m. on weeknights; the internal mudslinging has, thus, been deemed Fox News' "civil war."
Hannity responded on Twitter to Kelly's diss shortly thereafter, suggesting she supports Trump's Democratic opponent, Hillary Clinton:
Asked to "elaborate" on the tweet, CNNMoney said, "Hannity replied with a blank email."
When a Twitter user unaffiliated with Fox News told him to "stand by your colleagues," Hannity gave a catty reply:
As of August, Hannity had given Trump an estimated $31 million in free coverage through 22 hours of interviews with the Republican presidential nominee. Both figures have increased since, however, as Hannity hosted Trump's "minority outreach" town hall last month and was the first to interview the Republican nominee immediately after the first presidential debate last week. Hannity also appeared in a Donald Trump ad.