Early Wednesday morning, a protester with a sledgehammer and a pickax destroyed Donald Trump's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
At around 5:45 a.m., the culprit, disguised as a construction worker, cordoned off the small patch of sidewalk around the star near the Dolby Theatre on Hollywood Blvd.
The man, who later told Deadline Hollywood his name was Jamie Otis, smashed Trump's star for about a minute before knocking loose the embedded terrazzo, which he said he planned to auction off to "raise funds for the women who have come forward to accuse Trump of sexually assaulting them over the decades."
"I've had four or five family members sexually assaulted," an out-of-breath Otis told reporters on the scene. "And I'm terribly upset that we have a presidential nominee who's really the poster child for sexual violence."
According to Deadline, police showed up at around 6:15 a.m., but Otis had already fled the scene. An investigation is ongoing.
Trump earned the commendation in 2007 for his 14 seasons hosting "The Apprentice" on NBC.
The release earlier this month of a 2005 tape, which featured Trump bragging about sexually assaulting women, welcomed a wave of accusations against the Republican nominee in recent weeks. For his part, Trump promised to sue every one of them.
"Every woman lied when they came forward to hurt my campaign," he told rally-goers in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. "Total fabrication. The events never happened. Never. All of these liars will be sued after the election is over."
Watch the video below, via The Washington Post: