President Donald Trump has a notoriously cozy relationship with conservative journalists, particularly those at Fox News. A new supercut of the most obsequious questions he's received from those interviewers by Media Matters demonstrates just how absurdly pandering those questions have become.
- "I'm so proud of everything you're doing," by Pat Robertson from the Christian Broadcasting Network.
- "There are thousands and thousands of people praying for you all the time," by Pat Robertson again.
- "You have accomplished so much in that nine months," by Lou Dobbs on Fox News.
- "You're also one of the most loved and respected in history," by Dobbs again. Trump responded, "I would say that also."
- "The country owes you a great debt on so much, but on that in particular," by Dobbs. This time Trump responded, "That's very interesting. It's well put. It's true."
- "Tell me, how good is your press secretary?" by Mike Huckabee, whose daughter Sarah Huckabee Sanders currently works as Trump's press secretary.
- "I've never seen any one person face as much, in terms of attacks, as you have," by Sean Hannity.
- "Are you moving so quickly that your communications department can not keep up with you?" by Judge Jeanine Pirro. Not surprisingly, Trump responded in the affirmative.
At the end of the video, viewers can see Trump reciprocate Fox News' obvious affection for him.
- "Thank you for your support over the years. You've been so fantastic. Thank you," said Trump to Huckabee. The former Arkansas governor replied, "You are most welcome."
- "And I have to say Fox has treated me fairly. And I don't mean good. But they've treated fairly. I don't want to be treated good. I just want to be treated fairly," said Trump to Dobbs.
- "Your show, which I watch absolutely almost all the time, even if it means TiVo or whatever device you happen to be using at the time," said Trump to Dobbs.