Clean, wholesome, delicious desserts—they're easier to make that you might think. Tired of desserts made with highly processed ingredients and empty calories that leave you feeling guilty? Then say goodbye to boxed cake mixes, Jell-O, and Cool-Whip, and satisfy your sweet cravings with 72 no-bake desserts you’ll feel good about eating. Featuring vegan, gluten-free, and no-refined sugar recipes (that are simple and easy to make), Clean Desserts uses real food ingredients like nuts, seeds, nut butters, and dates to whip up guilt-free cookies, bars, balls, and classic candy bars, as well as no-bake cheesecakes, tarts, and ice cream!
PECAN SANDIES COOKIES
Yields: 12 small cookies | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Inactive Time: 30 minutes
For the cookies:
- 1½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt
For the add-in:
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
1. Prepare a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Add all ingredients for the cookies to a food processor and process until the dates are broken down into small pieces and everything is well combined, taking care to not over process.
3. Add the chopped pecan add-in and stir in by hand until they are evenly distributed.
4. Using a 1½-inch cookie scoop or a regular spoon, take one scoop of the mixture at a time and place it onto the prepared cookie sheet.
5. Flatten the cookies with the palm of your hand and smooth the edges with your fingertips.
6. Transfer the cookie sheet to the freezer for approximately 30 minutes, or until the cookies are firm.
7. Store in an air-tight container in the freezer or refrigerator until ready to serve, because the cookies will get soft if left out at room temperature.
TIP: Dress these cookies up by dipping them in melted chocolate or drizzling melted chocolate over the top!