Meal planning can be tough when you or someone in your family has diabetes. Fix-It and Forget-it Instant Pot Diabetes Cookbook has 127 easy-to-prepare recipes that you can mix and match to make your breakfasts, lunches, dinners, snacks, and desserts a snap! Hope Comerford is the blogger behind A Busy Mom’s Slow Cooker Adventures and is the author and editor or author of several Fix-It and Forget-It books. She lives in Clinton Township, Michigan.
Recipe: Creamy Spinach Dip
Jessica Stoner, Arlington, OH
Makes 10–12 servings
Prep. Time: 10–15 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup no-sodium vegetable broth
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 10 ounces frozen spinach
- 12 ounces reduced-fat shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 12 ounces reduced-fat shredded Parmesan cheese
Serve with whole grain tortilla chips or whole grain bread.
1. Add cream cheese, sour cream, onion, vegetable broth, garlic, salt, pepper, and spinach to the inner pot of the Instant Pot.
2. Secure lid, make sure vent is set to sealing, and set to the Bean/Chili setting on high pressure for 5 minutes.
3. When done, do a manual release.
4. Add the cheeses and mix well until creamy and well combined.
Exchange List Values:
Basic Nutritional Values:
Calories 274 (Calories from Fat 162)
Total Fat 18 gm (Saturated Fat 10.4 gm, Polyunsat Fat 0.8 gm, Monounsat Fat 4.3 gm)
Cholesterol 56 mg
Sodium 948 mg
Potassium 219 gm
Total Carb 10 gm
Dietary Fiber 1 gm
Sugars 3 gm
Protein 19 gm
Phosphorus 219 mg
Like this recipe as much as we do? Click here to purchase Fix-It and Forget-It Instant Pot Diabetes Cookbook: 127 Super Easy Healthy Recipes.