Meal planning can be tough when you or someone in your family has diabetes. Fix-It and Forget-it Instant Pot Diabetes Cookbook has 127 easy-to-prepare recipes that you can mix and match to make your breakfasts, lunches, dinners, snacks, and desserts a snap! Hope Comerford is the blogger behind A Busy Mom's Slow Cooker Adventures and is the author and editor or author of several Fix-It and Forget-It books. She lives in Clinton Township, Michigan.
BBQ Pork Sandwiches
Carol Eveleth, Cheyenne, WY
Makes 4 servings
Prep. Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
Setting: Manual and Sauté
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2-pound pork shoulder roast, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups low-sugar barbecue sauce
1. In a small bowl, combine the salt, onion powder, and garlic powder. Season the pork with the rub.
2. Turn the Instant Pot on to Sauté. Heat the olive oil in the inner pot.
3. Add the pork to the oil and turn to coat. Add 1 cup water. Lock the lid and set vent to sealing.
4. Press Manual and cook on high pressure for 45 minutes.
5. When cooking is complete, release the pressure manually, then open the lid. Remove the pork and set on a cutting board or in a bowl. Drain the liquid from the Inner Pot.
6. Using 2 forks, shred the pork, pour barbecue sauce over the pork, then press Sauté. Simmer, 3 to 5 minutes. Press Cancel. Toss pork to mix.
Pile the shredded BBQ pork on the bottom half of a bun. Add any additional toppings if you wish, then finish with the top half of the bun.
Exchange List Values
Basic Nutritional Values
Calories 536 (Calories from Fat 108)
Total Fat 12 gm (Saturated Fat 3.0 gm, Polyunsat Fat 1.6 gm, Monounsat Fat 5.9 gm)
Cholesterol 136 mg
Sodium 2367 mg
Total Carb 52 gm
Dietary Fiber 1 gm
Sugars 42 gm
Protein 52 gm
Like this recipe as much as we do? Click here to purchase Fix-It and Forget-It Instant Pot Diabetes Cookbook: 127 Super Easy Healthy Recipes.