Bone broth is a nutrient-dense superfood made from meat bones. It's soothing and easy on the digestion, with a ton of health benefits to drink in. An Instant Pot is a brand-name pressure cooker that gives new meaning to the term "set it and forget it." Forget needing to constantly monitor a simmering pot of bone broth for up to 24 hours! Press a few buttons and let the Instant Pot take over from there. And with that broth you made so easily, you can then make hundreds of classic and new soups, chilis, stews, drinks, and main dishes using the Instant Pot. Ready to put the power of the Pot and ingenious bone broth recipes to work for you? The Bone Broth Miracle Diet Instant Pot Cookbook has just what you need.
This chilly-night favorite is smooth, creamy, and just a little bit sweet. How quickly it cooks in your Instant Pot is also pretty sweet! If you need to speed the preparation, look for pre-chopped butternut squash, available in the refrigerated produce section of many grocery stores.
Recipe: Butternut Squash Soup
Makes 4–6 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 3 cups Basic Chicken Bone Broth
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
1. Add the oil to the Instant Pot, and press Sauté. When hot, add the onion and cook for 3 minutes, or until translucent.
2. Add the squash, broth, thyme, cayenne, nutmeg, and salt.
3. Lock the lid and make sure the valve is sealed. Select Manual/High Pressure and adjust the time to 5 minutes.
4. When the cook time is complete, turn off the Instant Pot and let the pressure release naturally for 5 to 10 minutes before turning the valve to venting. Then, remove the lid. The squash should easily break apart at this point. Stir in the cream.
5. Puree the soup with an immersion blender or in a blender.
Like this recipe as much as we do? Click here to purchase a copy of Bone Broth Miracle Diet Instant Pot Cookbook: An Ancient Health & Beauty Remedy Made Easy & Delicious.