- 1 cup rice
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon wild ginger (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (chopped)
- ¾ lb elk or beef, cut into strips against the grain
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon salmonberry shoots (chopped)
- ½ serrano chile
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallions
- 1 large handful cat's-ear
- ¾ cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon thimbleberry shoots
- 1 tablespoon onion chives
- 1 tablespoon white wine or sherry
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Cook the rice.
- Heat wok over high heat. When wok is hot, add 3 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- When oil is hot, turn down to medium and add salt, wild ginger and garlic. Stir-fry for a moment.
- Turn heat back to high and add elk. Stir-fry until elk is no longer red. (Be careful not to overcook.)
- Remove all Group 1 ingredients from wok, including oil. Set aside.
- Reheat wok to medium high. Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. When oil is hot, add ingredients from Group II.
- Stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add ingredients from Group III and cook for another minute.
- Turn heat down to medium. Add ingredients from Group IV and stir until a gravy forms. Serve over rice.