Five pop culture items we missed
Today's catch includes meme-branded alcohol, testing NY's nudity laws, and Charlie Sheen's death ... sort of
June 29, 2011 2:29AM (UTC)
1. PETA pets of the day: Kristen Wiig and Russell Brand were named Sexiest Vegetarians of 2011 by the animal activist group. Now how long until they try to convince the stars to pose naked?
2. Actual nudity of the day: The Gloss' Jamie Peck walked around topless in Central Park to prove that it's legal for women to go shirt- and braless in public under N.Y. state law.
3. Secret wedding of the day: No-longer-"Ugly" star America Ferrera married longtime boyfriend Ryan Piers Williams in an intimate ceremony last night.
4. Internet drinks of the day: Brazilian winemaker Vinicola Aurora’s "Keep Cooler" alcoholic beverages feature three recognizable faces from Web forums on their labels: Trollface, Forever Alone and Me Gusta. Where's the Anonymous mask wine-spritzer?
5. Sitcom death of the day: How are the writers planning to get rid of Charlie Sheen's character on "Two and a Half Men"? Here's a hint: It involves Chuck Lorre's fantasy scenario.
Drew Grant is a staff writer for Salon. Follow her on Twitter at @videodrew.
The rules of TV are coming "Undone"
More loss for the MTV generation
Private lessons for the famous director
Smart Watch: A week to look back
Donald Trump is anti-American
Coming soon: Trump's big recession
Why corporations can legally poison us
Another blue wave? It just might happen