Five pop culture items we missed
Today's catch: A Tumblr site investigated by Secret Service, supermodel breastfeeding laws and Ron Swanson's meat
July 9, 2011 2:01AM (UTC)
1. Reviews of the day: A random "grab bag" of ridiculous Amazon reviews from Publishers Weekly. Can someone make a Tumblr of these?
2. Foodie of the day: Ron Swanson from "Parks and Recreation," who can be seen here eating every kind of meat known to man.
3. Big Brother moment of the day: Who knew the Secret Service read Tumblr? Kyle McDonald created People Staring at Computers just three days ago, to document individuals taking pictures of themselves in Apple stores. Now he's being investigated by the government for violating the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act.
4. Breast law of the day: Supermodel Gisele Bundchen thinks it should be illegal not to breastfeed your child for at least six months after he or she is born. OK, but how about an age cap for weaning?
5. One small step of the day: The space shuttle Atlantis launched for the last time today. Watch three decades of shuttle launches compiled by NPR:
A Blast From the Past: Shuttle Through the Decades from NPR on Vimeo.
Drew Grant is a staff writer for Salon. Follow her on Twitter at @videodrew.
COMPLETELY AD FREE,
FOR THE NEXT HOUR
Read Now, Pay Later - no upfront
registration for 1-Hour Access
7-Day Access and Monthly
Subscriptions also available
No tracking or personal data collection
beyond name and email address
"The Hot Zone" has viral potential
Can language learning prevent dementia?
On parade at West Point 50 years later
Porgy is the "trash fish" of the summer
Trump's mental state is an "emergency"
Why won't Mitch protect the election?
Walmart lays off workers after tax cuts
Mitch says P.R. statehood is "socialism"