Despite the presidential election having taken place six months ago, President Donald Trump's White House never turns down the opportunity to gloat about it.
Dan Scavino, the White House director of social media, felt the urge to celebrate President Trump's six-month anniversary since winning the election on Tuesday by tweeting a screenshot of what is presumably Hillary Clinton's late-night concession call to Trump. In the tweet, Scavino explained that the call from the phone of top Clinton aide Huma Abedin to Trump's then-campaign manager Kellyanne Conway. He also said he would eventually release a video of the exchange.
Conway, now a counselor to Trump, subsequently replied to the tweet with the hashtag #memories:
Both the White House and Trump have a history of reminding people about the historic election's outcome.
During an interview with Reuters about his first 100 days in office, the president handed out electoral maps of his win. Of course, he lost the popular vote to Clinton by nearly three million votes. He has also repeatedly touted his victory during numerous public appearances.
Despite Trump saying in a tweet that "The election is over!" he is clearly still hanging on to it. It's currently not clear if, or when, Scavino plans to release footage of the concession phone call but it would certainly be quite unprecedented if he were to do so. He did not reach back to Yahoo News, who initially reported the story. Conway told Yahoo that she and Abedin spoke before Clinton offered her "congratulations AND concession" to Trump.
For her part, Clinton also appears just as stuck on the election. Last week Clinton said she accepted responsibility for her loss, but then proceeded to blame FBI Director James Comey, Russia and Wikileaks (whom she asserted was collaborating with the Russian government).
Trump may reside in the White House, and Clinton may be in and out of the woods, but both seem to still be stuck in November.